Dicar, known for their line of durable urethane soft anvil covers, wheels and related products, announced a number of new additions to their line of products for the corrugated converting industry. In addition to new durable urethane wheels, the company presented a new ergonomically friendly anvil cover mounting product, quick mount pull bands for both printing and diecutting, and protective cutting pads.
“Visitors to our booth were very interested in our new products,” says Shawn Spencer, VP Sales and Marketing, Dicar. “And we’re excited to add these new products to the wide range of anvil covers, lead-edge feed wheels, creasers and other productivity enhancing products we offer.” Products new to Dicar’s catalog include,
- AnviLatch™, Dicar’s latest ergonomically friendly modern anvil cover mounting technology which eliminates the need to use a mallet when mounting or rotating. A simple indexing of the die cylinder secures the covers to the cylinder.
- AnviLatch™ Die Cylinder Gripper Bars 2.0 are magnetic handles that quickly attach to the die cylinder for an easy and ergonomic means of indexing the die cylinder when rotating or mounting covers, or mounting cutting dies.
- Dicar’s Emba Die Cut Bearing Upgrade brings a new level of ease-of-use and efficiency to converters’ Emba diecutting stations. The new patented Snap Sleeve™ “split bearing” design accommodates thermal expansion to maintain consistent cover mounting. This unique design also allows removal of individual bearing sections and makes installation and mounting easier and more efficient in close quarters.
- Geo. Martin Scrubber™ replacement wheels from Dicar feature a Wrap-on™ design for simple and quick removal and installation. The precision sized and cast wheels meet or exceed the OEM specifications and are designed to deliver optimum wearability and sheet control without marking the sheets.
- Dicar’s Magnetic Scratch Pads™ provide a durable surface that protects your countertops and other work surfaces, tools and parts from scratches, cuts and damage. The self-healing urethane makes an ideal cutting surface allowing hundreds of thousands of cuts. Its dense molecular structure prevents accidental ‘cut-through’ in most manual cutting operations and its magnetic backing makes it perfect for mobile applications.
- Replacement MHI EVOL Counter-Ejector Wheels from Dicar come in both solid and Crushless® styles engineered to be an exact fit replacement. The Dicar replacement wheels incorporate two high-precision 606zz bearings and meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- The SpeedStrap™ magnetic pull bands for printing or diecutting provide a quick and cost effective way to maximize sheet control through the printing and diecutting stations. The magnetic backing allows the straps to be quickly and easily positioned, secured and removed from the print or die cylinder to provide maximum sheet control resulting in enhanced registration, fewer jams and higher quality of the finished product.
Spencer says that Dicar will be introducing a new version of the Equalizer later this year or early 2017. “We have made some significant design changes that will further enhance the performance and efficiency of the current Equalizer. The Equalizer is a very popular product worldwide with over 2000 units in operation and more on order. Like the original Equalizer, this next generation will be available on new OEM installations and as an infield upgrade for existing machines. We believe this new product will be just as popular with the converters as the original version.”