March 22, 2020
Dicar’s manufacturing operations play a critical role in our nation’s infrastructure, supplying the corrugated box manufacturing industry in support of the food manufacturing industry and our nation’s agriculture industry as well as countless other critical industries that require packaging. As a result, Dicar has a responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule.
In accordance with Dicar’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan to navigate any potential business disruptions and support the well-being of our employees and clients,
- Dicar production employees, including supervisors and plant managers, are to maintain their normal work schedule, adhering to Dicar’s safety guidelines, which have been distributed and posted, and maintaining social distancing at work of at least three feet.
- Non-essential firm-related travel remains cancelled.
- Non-essential office employees are to work remotely.
- Sales and customer service employees are to work remotely.
Please review CDC information regarding COVID-19 (see the link below) and
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you have a sick family member there and/or have travelled to areas where known cases of COVID-19 have been reported. Call in as per Company Policy. Monitor your health for 14 days. Stay home and seek medical advice if you get sick with fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing.
- At work, clean your hands often by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60 to 95 percent alcohol.
- Go home if you are feeling sick. Advise your Supervisor as per Company Policy.
- Alert your supervisor if you have concerns about any employee who appears unwell or where there may be inconsistent hygiene, social distancing, or cleaning practices.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
Please discuss any questions you may have with your manager or Loretta Resz in Human Resources.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as warranted. For additional information, please visit Latest news on Coronavirus disease 2020 (COVID-19), which is being constantly updated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As always, thank you for all your efforts and hard work serving the needs of our customers.
Dicar’s Management Team