We have received several inquiries on the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Asia, Europe and, now, in the United States on Dicar’s operations, our supply chain and the availability of raw materials and supplies.
Dicar’s management team has developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and is in the ongoing stages of implementing it in order to mitigate any potential business disruptions while supporting the well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Based on CDC guidelines, non-essential business travel has been eliminated.
- Business meetings are being limited to phone or video conferencing only.
- We have moved quickly to relocate all employees able to work remotely.
- We are not allowing any visitors on site except for deliveries and pickups.
- We are monitoring production closely, providing and updating information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 and have undertaken a number of additional steps to protect employee health while ensuring continued operation at maximum production.
Production and shipment of goods to our customers remain normal at this time.
To date, no coronavirus case has been reported at any Dicar location or by any employee and none are currently suspected. However, we will continue to monitor the situation, take action as appropriate and will provide updates as warranted.
Incoming shipments of raw material and supplies remain normal at this time.
Please note that Dicar is not dependent on raw materials sourced from China and that we have domestic access to approximately three to four months of our raw materials that are sourced from outside the United States. Domestically, Dicar maintains either two or three suppliers, as appropriate, for the raw materials needed for production.
In the event that any circumstances that are beyond our control arise over the weeks and months ahead, we will provide updates as warranted.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your support.
Dicar’s Management Team